The Gravley Life

Friday, June 03, 2005

Making time for Portuguese

Life for Bets and me lately is best described as controlled turbulance considering all of the changes we are going through. One of more significant changes in our life is my job change. I will be thowing in the reigns at PDI and moving onto Priority Courier Experts/VanEx on the 13th of June.

The quick and dirty description of my new job is that I'm running the IT show for the largest courier company in the Twin Cities. The official description is found by
going to the monster job description which gives you a very accurate picture of my job functions. You can also click on the VanEx logo to visit the company's website.

What was my catalyst for change? There were two central motivating factors. First, with a baby on the way, I was looking for some more green. It's not the most noble of reasons, but powerful nonetheless. Secondly, and more importantly, my role at PDI had become stagnant and I was losing more and more of my technical skills as time passed. The framework of my new role will allow me to rejuvinate my skillset and venture into new technologies at an exciting rate.

The biggest down side of this new role is that I have a 30-40 commute each way, but I can manage that. Perhaps, I'll take up my Portuguese tapes once again.

Onde fica o hotel California? Eu nao se!
(Where is the hotel California? I don't know!)

1 Comments:

  • Commuting is a bear, I don't disagree, but I'm moving in the right direction. Currently, my commute is 2400 (40 hours) minutes per month. My new estimate is 1400 (24 hours) minutes per month.

    "So I got that goin' for me...which is nice."

    By Blogger Steve Gravley, at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home