The Gravley Life

Monday, May 22, 2006

Cannibalism, hiking, and traveling


James laughs as I pretend to eat his belly. Honestly, it wasn't that tasty, but he seemed to enjoy what I thought would be a terrifying experience.

Bets and I went for a hike Saturday and tested out a baby backpack donated to us by her sister, Kirsten. After a few miles, my shoulders were sore, but not too bad. The best part? This backpack is 75% less emasculating than a Baby Bjorn! I actually like it a lot. It has many useful pockets, and is really good quality. We even used it again yesterday when we took Bones and James for a walk around the neighborhood. We have another pack that has metal braces for support, i.e. even more hardcore, but it frightens me a bit. I'm working up the courage to try it.

Bets is off this morning to Duluth for about a week. Her mom is having shoulder surgery, so she'll be there for the surgery and a while afterwards to help her recover. James is going with her. I'll miss them both, but I mostly just wanted you to kind of think good thoughts about my mother-in-law's surgery.

Update: I guess Betsy's Mom's surgery was pushed back a couple of weeks, so my family is coming back home! ...and then leaving again in two weeks.

3 Comments:

  • I love the photos!!! We missed seeing you in them too, Bets, but thanks for taking them. :)

    /hugs,
    Mom G.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 AM  

  • PS. I'll say some prayers for Bet's Mom. It's really really tough when you are put in a "holding pattern" for something like that! My heart goes out to her, totally! All will, hopefully be fine.

    /hugs,
    Mom G.k

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 AM  

  • Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home