The Gravley Life

Thursday, May 18, 2006

This is a hold up


Taken at Easter, Betsy shows James to the camera. He doesn't understand what's going on, but yet, we persist is posing him ... all the time.

It still amazes me that an entire kid's outfit (sweater, shirt, and pants pictured here) only costs like $7.99. I think that the only way they can charge $7.99 and still make money is by using child labor.

Little Esmerelda or Xiang are slaving away making clothes they would love to be able to wear for 4 cents per hour while being verbally and physically abused to make more size 2 courderoys.

...and yet, you notice that I patronized the system. I guess I have hope that, somehow, I'm buying one of the outfits that is actually made by well-paid Americans and sold for a loss.

"Yeah, that's the ticket." - John Lovitz

3 Comments:

  • Man, that outfit is cute. But I guess dressing little kids up like adults will always be cute. Probably because it makes them look like little midgets.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 AM  

  • I actually thought about midgets and how much money they must save on clothing, but then I refrained from mentioning it because it's so obviously in poor taste.

    And here I am talking about it...

    By Blogger Steve Gravley, at 9:08 AM  

  • I think knitted vests are in this year for babies. My sister's twins were in their preppy outfits just like that one for easter too!

    I also didn't realize how cheap all that was. Midgets must save a fortune!

    By Blogger Jon Roberts, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home