The Gravley Life

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fatherhood and some amateur photography

It's common knowledge that parents love to share pictures, stories, newborn intestinal information, and just about anything else having to do with their children. I am no different. No, I will not sit idly by while my friends actually request pictures and not post some rockin' pictures of my baby boy. Sure as heckfire, I'll even throw in some pictures of Betsy's sister and her girls and even a couple of our nursery - just so those with kids can compare and those without can snicker.

Bets and I are doing well with James. Next Monday, he starts at Betsy's preschool. It's seems like yesterday he was born, but it will actually have been six weeks and they say that's an ok time to bring him in. Bets will be right across the hall from him all day, so she'll be able to have that connection constantly, otherwise it wouldn't have happened. I wish we could have her stay home with him, but bills is bills, and they keep on coming.

I also wanted to share an analogy that being a father is kind of like getting your driver's license, in a couple of ways. You have a whole new perception on reality and life, but also, life is much like it was before, even though your day-to-day routine is very different. I'm not saying I expected to turn into a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery, but I was expecting more change and not as much magic. I got less change and more magic, and I like that very much.


Pictures of James
Seconds later, he said, "Electrostatic speakers..."
Sleeping James and our cat Bud.
James tries to understand cold weather.
Kirsten, Betsy's sister, holds James.
Little does he know...
...he's on the menu for tonight's dinner(bath, actually).
"The closeup"

Kirsten, Melissa (3yrs), and Sonny (2yrs)
BFF
Nice hooded towel poncho thing for Sonny.
Melissa's hooded towel poncho thing.
Aww...isn't that nice.

Our nursery
Camera 1
Camera 2

2 Comments:

  • Cute photos there Steve! Now, if only there were an ill tempered sea bass mobile to keep James mezmerized. Perhaps with some kind of "lazer" attachment...

    By Blogger Jon Roberts, at 7:33 AM  

  • Your nursery is friggin' amazing. The baby is looking cute and healthy. Keep that up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home