The Gravley Life

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Parle Vouz Potpourri?

I'm going to break with tradition a little bit and talk about a few different topics instead of beating one topic into the ground like I usually do. Oh, what fun!

First and most importantly: Our thoughts are prayers are with Jon and his family. Hang in there, dude (and co.). That's all the further I want to get into that here.

Now, something else...

We had a family reunion for my mom's side of the family this past weekend at their farm. My expectations were mediocre with a side of reservation, but the reality of the events were actually very enjoyable. The reunion lacked any sort of "fiasco" or "shenigans" and was instead a lot of fun. Kudos to my Mom and Dad for pulling it off so well. I recorded some video, so after I get it edited, I'll try to post it here.

Bets and I are expecting (as in a baby, not spitting - that's expectorating), as you probably well know. After our last visit, and some tests, we know that our kid is not likely to have down syndrome, spinabifida, or a bunch of other abnormalities. So far, so good, as they say. Bets is feeling pretty well at this point. She only gets a little sick if she doesn't eat for a long time. Oh, and she's starting to show, but only I can tell. It probably won't be really noticeable for another few weeks. She's about 17 weeks along if you were wondering.

We have visitors coming to town to visit Bets and I soon! This next weekend, Betsy's mom is coming to see us. I'm not sure what we're planning on doing, but I know we'll have fun. To quote Mike Nagita, an Asian guy with a thick Minnesotan accent from the movie Fargo, "She's a super lady!" The weekend after that, Kirsten and the girls are coming to visit. I can't wait to see them! Oh, and Kirsten, too. ;)

I think that'll do it for now. I leave with the immortal words of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber after being told the chances of him dating this lady is about one in a million: "So you're sayin' there's a chance!"

4 Comments:

  • Thanks for your thoughts Steve... the flowers you all sent were very beautiful.

    My weekend wasn't as enjoyable, but I did get to see lots of family and I got to spoil my nephews (now 6.5 months old). And in times of sorrow, nothing is more therapeutic than the laughter of an infant. I had them giggling up a storm with airplane rides and todssing them up and down. (That of course doubles as an upper body workout at the gym... still sore). Jackson is sitting up and Connor is "almost" crawling... he has all the mechanics down, just not the correct order. It's adorable to watch him almost crawl then lie flat on the floor and it looks like he's swimming laps.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:19 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:29 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home