The Gravley Life

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Helpful tips for mowing your lawn

I was going through my bills and paperwork last night and came across a manual for my riding lawn mower (generously donated to me by my parents). Thumbing through it, I found some illustrations that made some excellent points about safety. Hopefully, by sharing this information with you, I can make the world a safer and happier place.



Here, you can see that if you hop onto the tractor with a buddy, you are fated to fall head-first dive in the front wheel.


Illustrated here is how you might lose the tip of your toes or fingers. What? No blood?


The universal symbol for death by exhaust inhalation should be familiar to all of you. If you don't have a perfectly circular set of lungs, I assume you'll be OK.


Here, they show you the different spots on the body that debris can hit you. Ouch, but evidently, your knees are safe.


Try to avoid getting rolled over by your tractor. Not having an advanced sense of subtlety, I would not have thought of this.



I hope you've all learned some important safety tips from these invaluable illustrations. Mowing is not for fun, it's a responsibility.

1 Comments:

  • Unlike our unfortunate friend here, I think you might have saved my life once again Mr. Gravley. All those riding lawnmower parties I've been having apparently were disasters waiting to happen.

    God bless.

    By Blogger Jon Roberts, at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home