The Gravley Life

Monday, July 11, 2005

Survey says?!

Anyone reading this is probably old enough to remember the old TV show Tool Time, with Tim Allen and the now new host of the Family Fued, Richard Karn. One of the "bits" they did on this show was that Tim "the Toolman" Taylor would seek advice from his neighbor Wilson next to their backyard fence whevenever he had a problem(note to self, purge this information from my brain later on). I had a similar experience, except I'm not a toolman, my neighbor is not an older and supposedly wiser man, my sidekick never went on to host an arguably lame TV game show, and I don't have an alliteral middle name surrounded by quotes - but aside from that it was exactly the same.

My neighbor and I were talking about kids, since she has 3 now (all under 4 years old - yikes!). Specifically, we were talking about how her dogs acted around the kids and how, while I have seen Bones with kids and he's been wonderful, that I still sometimes think about whether I should be doing something to ease the transition. Well, from keyboard to your monitor, I present to you
Jackelo Poopiepants:




Like my good friends Reginold and Elenor who conducted a shady familial transaction from a crack whore named Lulu, Bets and I bought a baby yesterday. We actually had Jackelo setup in a swing last night, wrapped in blankets, and held him for awhile. He's my special boy! Now, before you tell me I'm nuts (which can't categorically deny), the reason we're doing this is to get Bones used to the idea of having baby stuff around and even, to a very small and weird extent, a baby. My neighbor says this really worked well for them.

The results so far: Bones couldn't care less about the baby or the baby stuff, which is good, I suppose. We only got a couple of sniffs from him, so I guess we're okay so far.

The last thing I need to address is that this is the third baby picture in a row I've posted. This ends today. I apologize for the monotony.

3 Comments:

  • Others read it, but they just don't comment, I'm not sure why...

    Yes, he is clumsy and large, but he's only really energetic when new people come over or at first when Bets or I come home. He's actually a pretty mellow dog, if you can beleive that. He's been around infants before though and he's been fine, so I'm not too worried - we just want to take the proper precautions, you know?

    By Blogger Steve Gravley, at 12:06 PM  

  • When guests come over make sure that dog's tail is nowhere near your kid, it hurts when it thumps against ya! Could only imagine that knocking a baby around.

    Also keep in mind animals sometimes get jealous (which of course you know as you are playing with dolls now), but Bones knows it's not real... so a real baby might get a different reaction. If you know anyone with a baby have them bring it over for the afternoon and test him, cause if he goes rabid and eats the child, it's not your kid. ;-p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 AM  

  • Fortunately, he has been around kids/babies and really doesn't care about them until they are old enough to play...and by play, I mean they climb on him, pull his tail, hit him, and torture him. It's really quite amuzing.

    By Blogger Steve Gravley, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home