The Gravley Life

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Umm...one time...at choir camp...


During my high school days (many well-lived years ago), I was magically whisked away to All-State choir. It took place at St. Olaf, where selected choir students spent a week preparing advanced choir material for a concert that was performed at the end of the week. I am ever so slightly emberrased to admit that I had a great time.

For the last five years or so I've looked for a song that we performed in that concert that I loved, but I was never able to find it. Luckily, while listening to the public classical radio station at work, 99.5 KSJN, I heard it and the composer's name!

I present to you a contemporary take on the Ave Marie by Franz Biebl.

AveMariaBiebl.mp3 (to download, right-click & Save Target As)

4 Comments:

  • Where did that sweatshirt come from? It's so nerdy and I really think I want one!

    (nice blog, I stumbled upon it via the "next blog" button)

    In closing: congratulations on your baby.
    Matthew

    By Blogger Matthew V, at 12:35 PM  

  • Thanks for the congrats, Matthew!

    I got it from http://www.bandnerd.com/ as it so happens. I hope you get this message.

    By Blogger Steve Gravley, at 12:38 PM  

  • Ooh, I did get it, thanks.

    By Blogger Matthew V, at 3:11 PM  

  • I'd had never considered that, but honestly, I think it would be fun! I'll have to wait at least until I'm done with school, though, because with the kid and school, I'll never have the time.

    By Blogger Steve Gravley, at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home