The Gravley Life

Friday, September 02, 2005

Wiki Wiki Wild Wild West

My resolve to keep my friends & family abreast of the current social trends of the Internet has led me to this semi-new (or as I like to refer to it: nuvo-stale) trend of Wiki.

"Surely," you think with reserved anticipation, "this new Wiki you speak of will finally lead me to the lucid peace and calm I've always dreamed of and deserve." Well, you probably weren't thinking that, but sometimes it's fun to pretend ( <-- my little shout out to Mr. Rogers).

Wiki is simply an online encyclopedia where the people of the world (typically the eggheads among us) contribute to its content. I, along with millions of Internet users, use wikipedia to learn about anything I don't understand. For example, here is the wikipedia
entry for wiki. It's kind of like that hand drawing a hand scenario.

I was in the mood to
read up on Haiku poems, so here are a couple of my submissions for your potential enlightenment / regret for having wasted your time.

i see another
the leaf thought late in autumn
but then came the breeze

--)~@~(--

the crunch of my step
as I scrape my windshield clean
breaks the morning calm


Here's where I'd place my Haiku skills on the following scale:

Easy to Learn--:)------------------------------------Hard to Master


Feel free to create your own haiku in the comments. Basically, the rule is three lines written in five-seven-five English syllables. I hope you all have a relaxing Labor Day weekend!


A genuine bonafide haiku

4 Comments:

  • I want to post in here. But making a poem seems... Like... Homework. I come here for pleasure, man. You can't put me to work so you sell my poems under your name.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM  

  • That's alright, I'll just use every third word and sell that. Those pretencious snobs are idiots:

    "I post, but poem homework.
    Here man, put work.
    Sell!
    Under!
    "

    See? No problem.

    By Blogger Steve Gravley, at 5:57 AM  

  • I had no idea that my complaints could be so... beautiful.

    All I can say is, thank you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 AM  

  • Steve... *cries* that was beautiful man.

    You've completed Steps 1 and 2, (change your underwear and make poetry). Now it's time to execute step 3... take over the world!

    By Blogger Jon Roberts, at 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home