The Gravley Life

Monday, August 08, 2005

A deck by any other finish would not look as sweet

"How was weekend?"

You respond faster than Jack Tripper getting into a sticky situation, "Good, how about you?" Or maybe you opt for the slightly friendlier and humorous, "It was too short! You know what I mean? Eh?" *elbow nudge* "Eh!?"

To which I reply, "I rolled up my sleeves and slaved over my deck all weekend." That's right, nothing says slap-me-silly fun more than power spraying and sealing your deck, a process that evidently takes no less than a grueling 10 hours to finish.

Although it was a lot of work, I have to admit that the results are fantastic; much better than I had anticipated.

According to my mind's eye, here's a metaphor for the before and after:




What you would perceive would probably be a little more realistic. Maybe something like this:



Still not bad! (by the way, that's not actually my deck)

While it was a lot of work, I have to admit that I earned that satisfying warm feeling of accomplishment. I know this will help the value of our house.

Next up, trimming the ceiling in the kitchen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home