The Gravley Life

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

An ideal weekend?

Betsy and I managed to burn up another weekend working on our house instead of doing something fun. While this gives me a feeling of true satisfaction and accomplishment, I can't help but sigh a little inside wondering what might have been.

My "dream weekend" (yes, I realize it's a corny and cliche topic, but I want to spell it out anyway), which is not likely to happen anytime soon, is this; I have absolutely no plans. I start by sitting on my couch with Betsy next to me and a couple hundred bucks in my pocket. When something strikes me as worthy of my time, I do it. No pressure, just a cornucopia of pure and unfiltered "whatever the heck I want".

Post your ideal weekend in the comments if you have a second. I'd love to know!

2 Comments:

  • First of all... you had better hurry up and get that ideal weekend in! With the kid coming you won't be able to do that anytime until the little one is old enough to drive (or shuttled off to Grandma & Grandpa's house!)

    Secondly, an ideal weekend for me would be... well, that would change on any given weekend. Currenty that would be a day of outdoor activities that would have nothing to do with work or my computer. Stacy and I would be able to go anywhere.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 AM  

  • My Ideal weekend is to have Audrey stop... the... crying...

    Actually, I live for the moments where my wife breast feeds the kid, because then I can relax and watch something on tivo in peace and quiet. So maybe my ideal weekend would consist of Erin's breasts producing so much milk that Audrey would feed for an entire weekend. Of course, In order for a infant to feed constantly she would need to constantly... That's not the point. This is a fantasy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home