The Gravley Life

Monday, August 22, 2005

Bones

It's about time I wrote a little bit about our dog, Bones (btw, that's the name he came with; we thought it'd be easier just to keep it). You can still see his online classified even though we adopted bones in January 2005. Here's what the ad said about Bones and my comments.

The ad: I don't think he is a purebred coonhound, but I am unsure of what he is mixed with. He definitely has the ticking of a bluetick.
We still have no idea what he's mixed with, though we've had guesses of Dane, Greyhound, Doberman, or even Mastif (but I doubt it) from vets and dog lovers.

The ad: He is a really sweet, affectionate young dog.
Seriously, I think he'd probably die if didn't get some lovin' from Bets or I during the course of a day. He's the most loving pet I've ever met.

The ad: He has a very easy-going personality with people and other dogs.
This is very true as long as he has 10 minutes to get to know you. He's a little shy at first with people. With other dogs on the other hand, he's very friendly right away.

The ad: He loves to give gentle kisses to children and adults.
I think this is the nice way to put that he's a licker. Kisses - my ass. Keep that tongue to yourself, buddy. Betsy, evindently doesn't mind, meaning that when I hold Betsy's hand I'm holding that hand that got licked by the tongue that licked my dog's butt. Lovely.

The ad: He doesn't seem to bark much, if at all.
This is mostly true. He'll bark if someone is approaching the house or if he's really frustrated (maybe a couple times a month if we leave outside for too long). We like that he barks at people approaching the house, it saves us from buying an alarm system.

We loves Bones very much. He's a great dog.

8 Comments:

  • Heh, I noticed that about the picture, too. It's hard to believe that when they were considering the best possible place to pose him, they chose the dumpster.

    By Blogger Steve Gravley, at 6:02 AM  

  • Ha! That's hilarious about the dumpster.

    Using the phrase "gentle kisses" sure is interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Especailly since I hate being licked by a dog. If a cat licks me, that's fine, because they have those freakish hairs on their toung so you know you're being licked by something non-human. But dog's toungs are like a man's. Gross. "Gentle kisses" by a man-toung. See what I'm saying?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 AM  

  • Oh, I see it. And I'm running like hell.

    By Blogger Steve Gravley, at 8:39 AM  

  • You can run Steve, but you can't hide. "The bonester" is coming to lick ya!

    By Blogger Jon Roberts, at 8:12 AM  

  • Oh God...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 AM  

  • Apparently you've just been spammed.

    By Blogger Jon Roberts, at 12:03 PM  

  • Is there no place that is sacred? Will stoplights now blink the praises of Ciallis in morse code? Will the Bonester finally catch me with his "gentle kisses"? Have questions overtaken this comment entirely?!

    By Blogger Steve Gravley, at 1:07 PM  

  • No, I wouldn't say that he was spammed. I thought it was clearly related to the conversation. The Cedar industry offers a new opportunity for exciting growth and development, much like the exciting feeling one gets from owning a puppy that was sold by a dumpster...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home