The Gravley Life

Friday, September 30, 2005

Odds and Ends and Starts ‘n Evens

I like to cover the full gamut of information from not only the odds and the ends, but also the starts and probably even the evens. Today’s topic of conversation is to just to fill you in on what’s going on with me and Mrs. Nothing fancy, just the facts.

Pregnancy
Bets and the baby are coming along very well. Betsy will be starting her 8th month next week. According to the averages, the baby should be about 3 pounds right now. Also, it’s kicking and moving a lot. I suspect there’s a soccer goalpost somewhere inside of Betsy’s uterus.

Work
Betsy has new kids in her class for the new year and everything is going very well for her. The kids have gone through breaking period and behave well for Betsy. I’m sure Betsy would disagree for modesty’s sake, but I have to let you all know that I’ve considered her to be a modern day Mary Poppins, so she better bring her A game when our kid is born. Maybe nanny Deb from Nanny 911 would a more relevant analogy. Speaking of nanny Deb, Betsy is in love with her. You should check out that show.

My work is going well. I’m working on many projects all at once. I’m putting out a lot of new technology for the folks here that they can really use. It’s been busy, but I’m having fun and learning quite a bit.

School
After having been in the “adult education” sector for a couple years, I can safely say that classes are always in one of two categories: no homework/easy or work required/difficult. There’s no middle ground. As obvious as it may seem, Physics falls into the work required category. I figured as much going into it, but I like to reserve judgment until I take the class. Anyway, Physics is fun. I like it very much.

Home Life
Recently, we’ve spent a lot of time getting the nursery ready. We’re almost done. It’s really fun to get everything out and ready for the kid. Are we jumping the gun getting everything done months in advance? Maybe, but we couldn’t resist.

Generally speaking, we’ve been very busy lately, and haven’t had as much time to spend with friends and family, but we’re doing very well and we miss those of you who we haven’t seen recently.

I hope this post finds all of you well.

2 Comments:

  • Ditching us to play with physics? Dude... did you know physics is, like, all around you. Close a door and BAM! physics! Move something, BAM physics! It's allways there man... you're wasting your money. ;-P

    By Blogger Jon Roberts, at 11:47 AM  

  • Even if he promises to wash it first? I know that last batch was a little soiled, but you gotta give Steve credit for returning it!

    By Blogger Jon Roberts, at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home